- Inform your practitioner if you have a history of peri-oral herpes, to receive treatment for this before your treatment. We cannot inject your lips if you have any active or recently active lesions present.
- 7 days before treatment: please avoid aspirin, NSAID’s, blood thinners. Also avoid, garlic, vitamin E, Ginkgo biloba, St. John’s Wart, Omega 3 capsules.
- Please do not discontinue any blood thinners or aspirin, prior to consulting with your family physician, or esthetic physician.
- 3 days before treatment: avoid the use of hair removal cream, retinols, or any anti-aging cream.
- Do not consume alcohol the day before the procedure.
- Please let us know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you suspect/unsure that you may be pregnant, please complete a pregnancy test beforehand. Dermal fillers and Botox are regarded as unsafe, for use in pregnancy.
- If you have a Belkyra treatment planned, please take Tylenol 650mg + Advil 300mg, 2 hours before your appointment, to help with injection site discomfort.
The Day of Treatment
- Do not use make-up before a treatment. It will need to be removed before hand. We have makeup remover in our clinic, so no need to worry.
- A topical local anesthetic will be applied for sensitive areas. Usually, Botox injections are virtually painless, but dermal fillers, especially in the lips and surrounding tissue can be quite uncomfortable. In some cases, and especially if you would prefer, an injectable local anesthetic can be performed by a physician only. Please allocate time for this, and we recommend that you arrive at least 45 minutes before treatment with a dermal filler.
- We endeavour to make this a painless and pleasant experience. Your comfort, and especially safety, is of paramount importance to us. Please let us know of anything specific that you would prefer, to make this a great day for you.
- You will receive a post treatment information card. This card contains information that you can refer to at home.
- Please expect bruising, redness and swelling. Any tenderness at the injection site is expected for 2-3 days, and usually simple analgesia eg. Tylenol is very helpful.
- Any firmness, or nodules can easily be massaged out; but if you encounter this problem (especially nodules), please let us know the next day.
- Apply ice to any treated area, to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Refrain from unnecessary massage of the treated area.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or prolonged sun exposure on the day of your treatment.
- You can use Tylenol (not NSAID’s) for post procedural pain that you may experience.
- Please make an appointment for 2 weeks following any treatment.