Botox and Filler Instructions
- Inform your practitioner if you have a history of peri-oral herpes, to receive treatment for this before your treatment. We cannot inject your lips if you have any active or recently active lesions present.
- 3 days before treatment: please avoid aspirin, NSAIDs, blood thinners. Also avoid, garlic, vitamin E, Ginkgo biloba, St. Johns Wart, Omega 3 capsules.
- Please do not discontinue any blood thinners or aspirin, prior to consulting with your family physician, or esthetic physician.
- 3 days before treatment: avoid the use of hair removal cream, retinols, or any exfoliating products.
- Do not consume alcohol the day before the procedure.
- Please let us know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you suspect/unsure that you may be pregnant, please complete a pregnancy test beforehand. Dermal fillers and Botox are regarded as unsafe for use in pregnancy.
- If you have a Belkyra treatment planned, please take Tylenol 650mg + Advil 300mg, 2 hours before your appointment, to help with injection site discomfort.
The Day of Treatment
- Do not use make-up before a treatment. It will need to be removed before hand. We have makeup remover in our clinic, so no need to worry.
- A topical local anesthetic will be applied prior to filler treatment (this process takes 30-40 minutes). Usually, Botox injections are virtually painless, but topical is required for fillers. In some cases, an injectable local anesthetic can be performed by a physician only.
- We endeavour to make this a painless and pleasant experience. Your comfort, and especially safety, is of paramount importance to us. Please let us know of anything specific that you would prefer, to make this a great day for you.
- You will receive a post-treatment information card. This card contains information that you can refer to at home.
- Please expect bruising, redness and swelling. Any tenderness at the injection site is expected, and usually simple analgesia eg. Tylenol is very helpful.
- Gently apply ice to any treated area, to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Refrain from unnecessary massage or manipulation of the treated area. Please notify your injector if you have any facial treatments or massages scheduled within the next 2 weeks, as these appointments may need to be postponed.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or prolonged sun exposure on the day of your treatment.
You can use Tylenol (not NSAIDs) for post procedural pain that you may experience.
- Follow-up appointments will be booked 2 weeks after your initial Botox treatment, and 1 week after Filler treatment.