WHAT IS PLATELET RICH PLASMA?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a component of your blood. When a vial of blood is centrifuged, it separates into blood and plasma. The plasma contains a high concentration of platelets and growth factors, which your cells use to accelerate and promote the body’s natural healing and rejuvenating process. This cutting edge technology is being used successfully in skin rejuvenation, hair loss treatment, sports injuries, wound care, and gynaecology, dentistry, neurosurgery, ophthalmology and orthopaedic surgery.
PRP treatment for:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Overall texture and tone improvement
- Certain types of alopecia (hairloss) or general hair thinning
- Joint and tendon disease
is available at SkinScience Medical Esthetics Clinic.
PRP FOR HAIRLOSS
Overall, this procedure is safe with no side effects or allergic reactions since this is your own blood being used.
However, this treatment is still not FDA approved and, although studies show that this treatment can be very effective, there are no guarantees.
It is an option for those seeking a non-surgical hairloss treatment plan.
Platelet derived growth factor | Transforming growth-factor-beta | Vascular endothelial growth factor | Epidermal growth factor | Fibroblast growth factor | Insulin like growth factor.
By injecting into the scalp, these cells promote:
- Stimulation of hair follicles
- Increased hair growth
- Thicker healthier hair
- The skin is cleaned and a topical local anesthetic is applied and left for 20-30 minutes.
- Blood is then drawn and centrifuged and the plasma is aspirated into a few syringes.
- The scalp is then cleansed with an antiseptic solution and a topical local anesthetic is applied for your comfort.
- The PRP is injected into the scalp with a 32 gauge needle at various points.
- Thereafter, topical hyaluronic acid is applied and we combine the treatment with a microneedling treatment of the scalp to help with the stimulation of hair growth.
This includes 1 vial of PRP and complete treatment of the scalp with hyaluronic acid and a microneedling device (eDermastamp)
The whole procedure will likely take about 60-90 minutes.
Additional vial of PRP | $200
PRP FOR FACIAL ESTHETICS
- Tired, dry skin, laxity of skin, uneven pigmentation.
- Signs of skin aging.
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Overall texture and tone improvement.
A topical anaesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area for 20 minutes.
The area is then cleansed with antiseptic and the PRP is injected into the area using a 32 gauge needle.
Thereafter, with the use of an eDermastamp machine, which is a microneedling device, the treatment area is microneedled using a topical hyaluronic acid which will help with improving the quality of the treatment and restore hyaluronic acid to your skin, which is lost in the aging process.
After the treatment is complete, a soothing mask is applied for 20 minutes to the area.
Normal daily activities can be resumed post treatment.
Once you are happy with the results, repeat treatments every 12-24 months can be done for maintenance.
Additional vial of PRP | $200